Keeping your car clean is often easier said than done. Without even realizing it, you will notice that both the inside and outside of your car are a mess, especially if you have children or a long drive to work. The good news is that there are simple ways of keeping your car clean; here are just a few:
- During the winter season, kick off the snow and dirt from your boots or shoes before getting into your car. This will prevent loose dirt, leaves, snow, slush, sand, gravel and any other outdoor components from entering your car, which will help keep the inside clean and tidy. Ask passengers to do the same so that all of the dirt falls outside of your vehicle.
- Invest in specialty wipes that are designed specifically for cars. Vacuuming the interior of your car is great and will make a difference; however, it will only tackle the top layer of dirt and leave stains and ingrained dirt to remain exactly where they are. Specialty wipes will be able to get rid of messes right from the root so that you do not see any stains and are meant to be used on the dash and door fixtures without causing any scratches. Wipes are ideal for getting into tricky areas like the cup holder and air vents so your car can continue looking its best.
- This can be difficult to do but if you implement a no food in the car rule, you will see a big difference in the condition and appearance of your vehicle. If possible, try to avoid eating and drinking in your car (aside from water, of course), as this will reduce the number of stains and dirt trails significantly. It may be hard to do but it’s definitely worth a try!
- Take the time to wax your car every so often after you wash it because it will make the cleaning process a lot easier the next time around. The wax also protects the paint on your car so you don’t have to worry about road salt, bugs, debris and other elements damaging the paintwork. You don’t have to wax your car every single time you wash it but doing it every few months will help a lot.
- One of the easiest things you can do is to keep trash bags handy in your car. You never know when you’ll be in need of one and this will allow you to place all of your trash into the bag so that you can dispose of it easily. You can also store dirty boots and shoes inside of them so that your car does not get dirty. They are great for a number of purposes, so always have them in your car.